Attic fold down stairs
Next year I will be installing an attic fold down stairs in my hallway. Tired of dragging a ladder over all the time. So looking for good quality and ease of use. Any suggestions and any do's and dont's??  Thanks I assume load weight makes a difference too.
John T.
Can’t give you specific recommendations, but one thing I learned is that 22.5” wide attic ladders, that fit between trusses spaced 24” OC, are too narrow for storage boxes of holiday stuff.  The 30” stairs in my parents’ house are much better.  But I wasn’t about to cut a truss chord, so that’s what I used.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(09-18-2020, 09:27 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Next year I will be installing an attic fold down stairs in my hallway. Tired of dragging a ladder over all the time. So looking for good quality and ease of use. Any suggestions and any do's and dont's??  Thanks I assume load weight makes a difference too.

I’ve installed probably 50 of them over the years.  Install the trim to the unit put it in the hole nail the trim up. Pull down the ladder, DON’T CLIMB ON THE LADDER!, shim and screw it to the framing cut the legs to fit. Have a friend help they’re heavy. Werner or Louisville are good I put up an aluminum once not sure if it’s worth the cost unless you’ve got a high ceiling.  You’ll be most likely stuck with the 24” one but you can get a lot through that opening. If it’s bigger than that who wants to lift something like that overhead.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
Make sure there's not a wall in the way of the fully extended ladder. You'd be be surprised home many I see like this.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(09-19-2020, 08:14 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Make sure there's not a wall in the way of the fully extended ladder. You'd be be surprised home many I see like this.

No that would not be a problem. Thanks
John T.
I got an insulated sealed unit from Europe and it was worth the money