Cleaning Vinyl Siding
(09-22-2020, 07:07 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: By the way, they also make a cleaner for your shower. Spray once a week on the door and walls and no more scrubbing.

And its linky is …
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(09-22-2020, 08:24 AM)MsNomer Wrote: And its linky is …

https://www.amazon.com/WET-FORGET-801064...B01ENDOJ0G
VH07V  
(09-21-2020, 10:40 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I use TSP with a little dish soap applied with a car wash brush with a 10' or longer handle attached. The "bucket" is a mixing bin so it's easy to hit from 10' away. Wet the wall, give it a couple of soapy brush passes and rinse. Don't let the soap dry or you'll have to brush a little harder to get it off.

This is the only method I can get it clean with.

Try a spray and rinse cleaner, then go back and use a brush and see how much cleaner it gets.
(09-21-2020, 08:51 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I need a cleaning product I can spray on and rinse off that will get rid of mold/mildew, etc.  Preferably with no scrubbing. The West/South facing sides of the house are ok.  The North/East sides is where the problem is.  I have a small electric pressure washer but it doesn't seem to do much except get things wet.

I've had great success with this product. If heavily coated with mold you might need to apply/rinse then repeat. I used the hose sprayer bottle, but large refills are available, too. Get it at the big box stores or link below.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mold-Armor-E-...TyEALw_wcB
Just did my daughters house, North side only was really moldy. Pressure washer, 5 gallon bucket with bleach and Dawn solution. Inserted washer's siphon hose and wet the whole thing, twice, bottom to top. Let it sit and soak as long as possible before it dried out.

Then wash with the widest fan nozzle I have. Used a slight downward angle to keep from driving water behind the siding's lap.

worked fine.
My experience with mold was on the grout in my shower.  I found it much easier to wash off once the mold was killed.  So I sprayed it with mold killer (I used hydrogen peroxide) a few times and then cleaned it off.  It came off much easier that way.

So my approach would be to spray it with a product that kills the mold and let it sit and then go back and hose it off.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-21-2021, 06:28 AM)ProvUnitV Wrote: You will not be able to cope with mold on your own. You may be able to wipe it off with some chemicals, but after a while it will reappear

BAM !!!! SPAMMER !!!!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-am...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(05-06-2021, 07:07 AM)Makinami Wrote: To get rid of mold/mildew, etc., you should hire a professional cleaning service.
Molds/mildew can also be dangerous for you and your family.
I know what I am talking about as I had tremendous troubles because of these insects.
We rented a flat about two years ago, and when we moved here, the carpets were full of mildew.
I had no idea what to do and how to get rid of them, but luckily, I found a professional carpet cleaning service near me, and they helped me fix the issue.
They also provide DELETED services, so please go ahead and check their site if you are interested.

SPAMMER
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
on the plus it reminded me of the Wet & Forget.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
(05-06-2021, 03:53 PM)oscarMadison Wrote: on the plus it reminded me of the Wet & Forget.

We've been using the Wet & Forget cleaner since learning about it in this thread last fall.  Works better than anything else we've tried.