Need 90* swivel mount for DC-Update pics added
Working on adding DC to the lathe for sanding dust. I have the mounting pretty well figured out but realized the DC would be better for bowls if the collector could rotate 90*

The only thing I have found is a TV swivel mount. There has to be something more compact than a TV mount, anyone have a direction to point me?

To be clear, I just want to swivel the DC hood 90 degrees in one direction and back. I don't think the hose will need a swivel. At least I hope.

Here's a pic of what I have so far:

Thanks for reading,  g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Tried to delete this 3 hrs after posting but it says I don't have permission.

Found what appears to be a very small TV swivel mount on the 'Zon. Should be here Monday, will let you know how it goes.

g

Nice looking setup - I'll be interested to see how the new swivel works. Thanks for posting! 
Yes

Doug
(09-28-2020, 10:36 AM)Tapper Wrote: Nice looking setup - I'll be interested to see how the new swivel works. Thanks for posting! 
Yes

Doug

Thanks Doug,

Got this swivel at Amazon:

It is pretty compact so the installation didn't require making new pieces, just drilling a few holes and repositioning the "L" bracket that holds the hood. The swivel has a friction hold that isn't strong enough to hold the weight of  the hood and hose when tilted to 90* so I added another L bracket and a 1/4"-20 bolt with a wingnut to lock the hood when swiveled. 

The assembly slides left and right on a repurposed pocket door track with two roller heads spaced about a foot apart.There's about 4' of lateral and 18" of vertical movement.  It's also easy to remove the hood in case it's in the way though I don't think it will be necessary. 

The second hose is hooked up as needed for the 16/32 and OSS sanders.

So far it looks like it's going to need some method to hold the hood away from the chuck and no doubt will need other mods but so far, so good. Thanks for looking.

g