solid core doors
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John,  replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

Me too John. Thanks again

Jim
Jim
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John, I don't foresee making door slabs in the near future, but replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

Likewise! Thank you.
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John, I don't foresee making door slabs in the near future, but replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

You're welcome.  I'm happy to pass on what I know, much of which was shared with me by Joe Grout when he was a regular participant here.  

John
I lean toward the shaper and door cutters to make doors. I have all the setups so thats why I lean that way.
You have to start out with good, straight, stable stock.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-27-2020, 03:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I lean toward the shaper and door cutters to make doors. I have all the setups so thats why I lean that way.
You have to start out with good, straight, stable stock.

I'm usually particular about the wood I choose. When I'm ready to order the wood I'll probably use GW Green in In. A few years ago I took the time to travel there to visit with him and purchase some wood. http://woodsbygwgreen.com/ He seems to always have top grade stuff and he's a hands on guy. No I'm not affiliated with him other than being a very satisfied customer.

Jim
Jim