Lee Valley "Seconds" Sale October 28
(10-23-2020, 08:06 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Rob, you are very kind starting this at noon rather than midnight (11:00 here).  I hate to say, but that was the only night of the year that I would stay up that late.  The preheat on my electric blanket would turn off before I "hit the hay".

Big eek
Big eek
Big eek
Big eek
Big eek

I miss-read 12:00pm EST as midnight.

Also, daylight savings time apparently ends Nov.1 in USA this year. Is it different in Canada?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Whether I get in on any of the cyber deals or not this year, I will continue to kick as much of my tool money as I can to Lee Valley, because they treated me very kindly previously. Cannot say enough good things, so won't try to in this post, but I think very highly of them.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(10-24-2020, 12:27 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Whether I get in on any of the cyber deals or not this year, I will continue to kick as much of my tool money as I can to Lee Valley, because they treated me very kindly previously.  Cannot say enough good things, so won't try to in this post, but I think very highly of them.

Good answer.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

Crap.  Nothing I need.  I was hoping for a shooting board, but no luck.  Someone should grab one of the shooting planes, though (I already have one, and can strongly recommend them).

Ordinarily, I would buy some eye candy anyway, but I'm in purge mode these days rather than acquisition mode.

Mark
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
8 items in my cart - 7 from seconds sale.

Go to check out

Nope

Quote:The following item(s) are not available for shipment to the location on the order.

All 8 items. As of ~12:20

On hold for CS to find out what that means.

EDIT: As always, LV CS came through. A young-sounding lady named Julie was able to enter all 8 items into her computer system and place the order for me. All 8 items were in stock The order is placed and I eagerly await the box(es).

Since it was a mix of 2nds and non-seconds, I had every expectation that at least one of the items was still available.

FWIW, the Walkstools do not appear to be anywhere on the LV site except in the 2nds sale. I lost time before hitting purchase trying to find the walkstools on the LV site to verify which size I already had. The 26" walkstool is the one that I have been using for years and I highly recommend it.

Didn't find anything I wanted. I knew gift cards are not included this time which would have been my choice. Christmas shopping list is about to be ready........

A buddy of mine said he couldn't complete the check-out (shipping not available or something like that). I hope he had it figured out in the end.

Simon
Been stuck for 45 minutes, it doesn't want to ship.
(10-28-2020, 11:40 AM)iclark Wrote: 8 items in my cart - 7 from seconds sale.

Go to check out

Nope

All 8 items. As of ~12:20

On hold for CS to find out what that means.

Same problem my buddy had!

Simon
And on the off chance you get past shipping (I just did) it doesn't want to complete the payment portion. I'm just trying to get the flushing chisels, but not sure I'm going to spend any more time trying given work - the website strikes again. Won't stop my from buying in the future, as they're a great company, but this is frustrating.
In case anyone missed my edit:

CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE

It is worth the busy-line re-dials and hold time to get the most excellent CS people to place your order.