Mistletoe "Burl"
I am not a wood turner at all, but perhaps you folks would know the answer to this. I just got some large Nyssa sylvatica(tupelo, sourgum) logs that have 2'+ burl-like growths on them that appear to involve mistletoe as well. Just wondering if I should save them and give them to some woodturning folks. Are they useful/interesting inside?

Thanks!
A brief google search comes up with some indications that it could be very interesting. Unfortunately, the pics at the sites that I found seem to have aged out.

If it was local and offerred to me, I would certainly be interested in seeing what I could get out of it.

Without pics, it is hard to say more than that.

You don't say where you are, so I cannot direct you to your local woodturning club (probably a AAW chapter).

If you have some spare paint handy, then painting the ends of the logs to seal them will increase the shelf life of the log sections before they start splitting.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Here is a pic. I am in Asheville, NC. This area is crawling with woodturners!

Attached Files Image(s)

That looks like a number of fun bowls to turn.

It also looks like one that I would be careful to wear a face shield and listen to RoboHippy's recurring advice to stay out of the line of fire when turning.

If you reach out to the contact for Carolina Mountain Woodturners in Asheville with that pic and the size, I expect that there would be a line of folks wanting to get them out of your way.  
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.