Want to install jet bathtub
Personal choice obviously but SWMBO uses the tub daily.

We did have a large two person jetted but tore it out in the last remodel and replaced it with a deeper soaking tub.

I’m on a well with no filter and a trad 50 gal WH.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
The farmhouse we just moved into has one in the huge master bath addition the previous owner added for "The Princess"  It has the heater to hold the water temp.  Once we get the other repairs paid off, we will remove the tub and replace it with a large roll in shower, and remove the faux roll in shower and replace it with a soaking tub.

The jets in the jetted tub make nice bubbles and look cool.  But, we had a hot springs spa at the old location, and those jets actually had enough pressure to be therapeutic, and the water hot enough to help.  There was enough room in the spa for us to move around and I did my physical therapy for surgical recoveries there.

Up to you, but the advice to try a jetted tub before you invest the time and money is very good.

Crazy
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(11-03-2020, 11:03 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I'm thinking "filters" and "on demand water heater".

I have well water (no filtration) and a 40gallon gas water heater 30 feet away.

Sound like a good idea?

About ten years ago I replaced my conventional tub with a walk-in tub. I have  well water, no filters.  I found I needed to upgrade my electric water heater to a 50 gallon model (I'd previously had a 30 gallon model). Most of the time I use the shower in the tub, but the tub filled with hot water and using the whirlpool feature is a special treat, especially if I've been working hard during the day and have sore muscles. Normally when I use the tub I take a book and a hot cocoa with me, turn on some music,  sit back, relax, and enjoy. The circulating pump flow can be adjusted from just a gentle movement of the water to an invigorating massage. With a walk-in tub, I've got to get into the tub first and then fill with water. It might be nice if I could pre-fill a reservoir to be able to fill it more quickly, but that would require more space and money. To each his own, but I love my tub, and never regretted installing it. Installation was a bit of a hassle as I had to first remove the wall behind the tub and then rebuild it after the tub was installed.
(11-03-2020, 01:05 PM)WxMan Wrote: Will you use it?  Most don't.

This.  I put one it at our old house. I should have just put in a traditional shower for the times we used it, which was almost never.

There's a reason I don't sit in my dirty water. I would have to shower before a bath.  
Laugh

I don't swim in public pools where little kids swim either.
Uhoh

But I have no problem swimming in the creek or river.  Strange aren't I?
Raised
The problem with jetted bath tubs is keeping the water warm. Ours does not have a heater built in. It takes a minimum of 80 gallons to operate the jets. Once the water circulates it gets cold rather quickly. If the jetted tub doesn't have a built in heater, i wouldn't bother installing it.
My .02
Karl