Will anything stop a VERY slow water leak under pressure?
(11-08-2020, 06:26 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Sometimes the minerals in your water will plug small leaks, given enough time.

I tested that theory once.  Gave it so much time that the tank rusted through and started spewing water all over the basement wall. 
Laugh Luckily this happened when I turned the water back on after it was off while we were away on a long trip so I was right there and shut it off again.  Also, the basement is unfinished so only the well and part of the floor between the wall and the floor drain got wet.  Spent an hour on Sunday late night  plugging up the WH supply pipe so we can at least have cold water.  Yeah, there were no shut offs on the pipes.  Now there are on both sides.
(11-11-2020, 03:34 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: I tested that theory once.  Gave it so much time that the tank rusted through and started spewing water all over the basement wall. 
Laugh  Luckily this happened when I turned the water back on after it was off while we were away on a long trip so I was right there and shut it off again.  Also, the basement is unfinished so only the well and part of the floor between the wall and the floor drain got wet.  Spent an hour on Sunday late night  plugging up the WH supply pipe so we can at least have cold water.  Yeah, there were no shut offs on the pipes.  Now there are on both sides.

I see the Plumbing Gods are as kind to you as they are to me!  
Big Grin
"The best marriage advice I ever received was: 'You can live with ugly, but bad cooking can kill you.'" Uncle Albert Styndl
No one...
Flex Seal

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(11-08-2020, 06:26 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Sometimes the minerals in your water will plug small leaks, given enough time.

And sometimes the minerals are what caused the leak
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

If I had a leaking pipe, fixing it it would be high on my priority list. Probably on my "Things I need to do today" priority list.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay