Finished up a lathe restore
  Re: RE: Finished up a lathe restore by SceneryMaker (That looks beautiful...)
(11-22-2020, 10:15 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: That looks beautiful  The only problem I see is that there are no chips on it!

I'll be cutting some projects soon.

Waiting for winter to get here. The weather has warmed back up so I have to finish up projects around the house while I still can before it gets cold.

Yes
"There are no strangers- only friends I haven't met.
  Re: RE: Finished up a lathe restore by MichaelMouse ([quote='iclark' pid=...)
(11-21-2020, 07:47 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Countershaft if you think that 650 (verified by sheave ratios?) is too much for faceplate work.

I've never seen a single-phase motor at 900 rpm (8-pole).  1200 rpm (6-pole) is a little uncommon, but they're out there.  

I had one, 1/2 hp 1200 rpm, on my Delta 1460, but switched to a 1 hp three-phase 1800 rpm with inverter drive.  Now I can get it down to a crawl, and being three-phase, I can overspeed it a bit without worry.  Soft-start is nice, too. 

I set the belt ratio for the type of work, like high speed for small spindle work, and low for bowl or other large diameter, and just use the speed control for the whole project.  Very convenient.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combo of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet.”

Re: Finished up a lathe restore by daddo (According to the ser...)
Wowsa, that looks great!                                                                                 .
  Re: Finished up a lathe restore by daddo (According to the ser...)
Looks fantastic. Very nice work.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020