Electrolysis question
(11-22-2020, 01:30 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I'd put the blade in the saw and run it while pinching it with coarse scotch-brite.

You’re a very brave man!
VH07V  
(11-23-2020, 03:12 AM)EightFingers Wrote: You’re a very brave man!

If it were 1/8”, but 3/4 shouldn’t be dangerous.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
I bought an old band saw and it came with a few 1/8" blades that were rusted and I just pitched them.
(11-22-2020, 01:30 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I use evaporust a good bit. It works well for some things but it won't work well with a coiled blade. It really needs to have space around the piece to work well. Not sure why. I've also done electrolysis and imho, that would be tough with a blade too if it were coiled.

In both cases, if I could keep the blade uncoiled and only have a portion of it looped into the bucket, it would work better. Keep in mind, rust will only come off the side of the metal facing the electrode so either have several electrodes or keep moving the blade.

I'd put the blade in the saw and run it while pinching it with coarse scotch-brite.

If you do that, put the blade in upside down.

Just remember to turn it around before you try to cut anything with it.
Winkgrin

When you turn it around, clean the rust off of the tires before you re-mount the clean blade.

Then you should be good to go.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.