shop vac advice
  Re: shop vac advice by jcousins2 (My old shop-vac is d...)
DeWalt has a unit at Costco, and I assume other clubs, that’s pretty good for $90. 

If you want a tool triggered and quiet dust extractor , look at Karcher and Nilfisk. Expensive , but a lot less than Festool & Fein.
Still have my 35yo 20g (barrel type) ShopVac, still sucking, on it's second motor. Doubtful I'll ever find another speciality motor for it again if need be.
Also still have my 15? yo Fein II.
If I was shopping for one again I'd be inclined to look into the roll around Sears vacs.

Currently having a sale on these.--------> https://www.sears.com/craftsman-8-gallon...917608000P
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a Fein and will never go back to a cheapy. Too loud and too dirty. I use mine with the ROS and other dc port hand tools. No regrets.

KC Fireslayer: "I have a Fein and will never go back to a cheapy. Too loud and too dirty. I use mine with the ROS and other dc port hand tools. No regrets."

I can understand that view. I'm finally coming around to the view that I need to add dust control to my sanding devices; control beyond the existing small canisters on the hand-held Sanders.

I think my Ridgid vac is more of a "macro" tool, vice the "micro" or precision tool that Fein or Festool provide in their dust extraction setups. Hope that makes sense.