DC Motor Upgrade? Yay or Nay?
Post back with pics, I'll be interested to hear how it works out.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Oh, I definitely will! Plan on getting a meter to guage actual cfm on use.
Semper fi,
Brad

I recall reading on Bill Pentz' site that push through cycles are slightly more efficient than pull through so are better for marginal blowers. They're also easier to find and fix leaks. The only downside to push through as others have noted is everything goes through the blower.
Started assembly. Hoping to build the bracket to support the blower and another to support the ducting to the filter this week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

That's looking good. How will you lift the dust bins (55 gallon drums?) up to seal against the lids?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
No dust bins needed with a push-through system; the bags are pressurized and don't need support. This is why I want to keep the system this way.

There's a metal ring that secures the bags to the chutes.
Semper fi,
Brad

TD--

Look into the cardboard concrete form tubes. You can get them at the Borg for cheap in several diameters.
Semper fi,
Brad

So the blower blows into the inlet, then the air escapes through the top of the cyclone body?
Yup! Dust and chips fall into the bags below and fine dust exits the top, through a short ducting run into a cartridge filter.
Semper fi,
Brad

The old setup that I'm upgrading:

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad