Bosch ROS65VC replacement?
Jesus Christ dude, you're *still* being a jerk. No feelings are hurt. No one is uncomfortable.

I'm not defending him.

We're just calling you out for being a jerk. Just stop.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-30-2020, 11:07 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Like I thought.  Restricted.  Can't get into closed corners, can't do profiles or moldings, or spindles, or coves.

But hey, I'm sure you're quite content with all 6" ; and your friends grateful for the step children you loan them.

I wouldn't follow your advice , nor advise anyone else to settle on all 6" sanders either.

That's pretty funny. Since the topic was about replacing a ROS, can you point one out that can get into closed corners, do profiles, moldings, spindles, etc..

If not, your statement is really off topic. 

Anyhow I enjoy reading snarky comments. 
Wink

--
See ya later,
Bill
(12-05-2020, 10:47 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I'm not harassing you wood.   If I hurt your feelings, I apologize.   

I'm simplying disagreeing with you and your assertations and inconsistencies on this subject - 6" sanders.  

People reading this can decide for themselves whether all one size , a larger one at that, is best for them.  You've suggested by extension that all one size is good.  For you maybe.  Not for lots of others.  Pointing this out is simply discussion.   You don't have to respond to any posts if they make you uncomfortable. 

Maybe you should send a 6" sander to smpr-fi for defending you.  He wants one, and you have plenty it seems.  Perhaps you'll convert another to the all 6" fold ?

If you want to beat on me, do it in another thread. Quit screwing up mac's thread.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

In stock today. Still kinda pricey. Showing $284.00 from the Bosch store

https://smile.amazon.com/Bosch-ROS65VC-5...764&sr=8-1
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-30-2020, 11:07 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Like I thought.  Restricted.  Can't get into closed corners, can't do profiles or moldings, or spindles, or coves.

But hey, I'm sure you're quite content with all 6" ; and your friends grateful for the step children you loan them.

I wouldn't follow your advice , nor advise anyone else to settle on all 6" sanders either.

You ever just cut a block of wood and use it?  I find it to be almost unlimited with regard to size and purpose.  Are you suggesting we should all buy a dozen or 2 sanders?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-05-2020, 04:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: In stock today. Still kinda pricey. Showing $284.00 from the Bosch store

https://smile.amazon.com/Bosch-ROS65VC-5...764&sr=8-1

As for sanders there was a shortage during the first shut down the guys painting my building in SF burned out about a half dozen and couldn't find any to buy except Festool for a while.  I think I found him a couple at MaxTool not sure he got them but it was all I could find HD was sold out.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Bill_de Wrote: That's pretty funny. Since the topic was about replacing a ROS, can you point one out that can get into closed corners, do profiles, moldings, spindles, etc..
If not, your statement is really off topic. 
Anyhow I enjoy reading snarky comments. 
Wink

One choice for profiles:     but you'll need to find one in the secondary market if you don't have one already.
http://www.pawnplex.com/tools/Porter%20C.../index.htm

it'll do corners too
Yes         spindles are a bit tough though
Sad  

Another:
https://www.festoolusa.com/products/sand...q-plus-usa

admittedly it's not a ROS, but rather a linear motion.  I'll bet the distinction doesn't matter to most as long as it does the job . Which it will.

or you might use this :  lots of guys have them already:
https://fein.com/en_us/tools/oscillating...295362090/

with this:
https://feintools-online.com/63810031010...BAQAvD_BwE

Again, strictly not a random orbit; but it'll sand just fine.

But, the SUV of sanders right now for "closed corners, do profiles, moldings, spindles, etc.." is one of these with and assortment of foam sponges and back up pads.:
https://surfprepsanding.com/product/3x4-...y-sanders/

random orbit too.

Quote:You ever just cut a block of wood and use it?  I find it to be almost unlimited with regard to size and purpose.  Are you suggesting we should all buy a dozen or 2 sanders?

Cut blocks of wood all the time to use.  It's what woodworkers do.   I'll assume you meant to cut them to use as sanding blocks.  Gonna be pretty difficult to do that ( in the reverse ) for heavy or deep multi profiled moldings.  And even after you've spent an hour or three making the block - ya still gotta sand it all by hand ?   No thanks.  

Nor is that block efficient in the corner of a drawerbox or the corner of a shaker door panel.  It's better than a 6" round sander though. 
Wink

I am not suggesting everyone buy a dozen sanders.  2-5 should be plenty for most shops.  I am saying buying multiple 6" round sanders just to save a few bucks on sandpaper in the beginning isn't very wise.  

Of course, you're entitled to you opinion just like me.  So if you want all 6" ros sanders, knock yourself out.
Cut blocks of wood all the time to use.  It's what woodworkers do.   I'll assume you meant to cut them to use as sanding blocks.  Gonna be pretty difficult to do that ( in the reverse ) for heavy or deep multi profiled moldings.  And even after you've spent an hour or three making the block - ya still gotta sand it all by hand ?   No thanks.  

Nor is that block efficient in the corner of a drawerbox or the corner of a shaker door panel.  It's better than a 6" round sander though.  [Image: yellowwink.gif]

I am not suggesting everyone buy a dozen sanders.  2-5 should be plenty for most shops.  I am saying buying multiple 6" round sanders just to save a few bucks on sandpaper in the beginning isn't very wise.  

Of course, you're entitled to you opinion just like me.  So if you want all 6" ros sanders, knock yourself out.

Laugh

I am glad I bought a lifetime license

Probably going out later this week for Dungeness Crabs hope I do as well

Phil Thien

(12-06-2020, 10:38 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: But, the SUV of sanders right now for "closed corners, do profiles, moldings, spindles, etc.." is one of these with and assortment of foam sponges and back up pads.:
https://surfprepsanding.com/product/3x4-...y-sanders/

random orbit too.

Specs say:
  • Orbit - 3mm perfect orbit
I must have missed the word "random"  
Confused   Maybe I did miss it.

I didn't see anything in your list to replace the ROS65VC ... the topic of the post. 

Thanks for playing. 
Smile

---
See ya later,
Bill
I’m gonna leave you guys to your love fest with 6” sanders and wooden blocks. 

Clearly , y’all are stuck in the past and don’t value , or just can’t wrap your heads around something new that will work better.  Though I suppose some value the neander aspect of hand sanding. 

Thanks for letting me play though.