Powermatic 80S Oscillating Edge Sander
Eureka!

Bound and determined to fix my tracking problem I returned to my shop this morning and figured out my problem. There’s a small hex nut at the end of the tracking adjustment screw that became loose. After I tightened it I was able to adjust the tracking and it tracks fine now!

Prior to noticing that the nut was loose I adjusted the tracking screw in clockwise and counterclockwise directions, but each adjustment resulted in the belt dropping to the bottom. I’m still not certain which direction raises the belt on this machine, but not that it works I’m leaving it alone. If I do need to make an adjustment again, I’ll be sure to do it in 1/4 turn increments only.

Thanks for all your help! I had taken a hiatus from frequenting this forum for a number of years while I moved and didn’t have time or a shop to work in. I have always found this community to be a wealth of information and filled with really great people.

All the best.

Attached Files Image(s)