Shop vac recommendations for DC?
Somewhere, someone makes a air slide control that inserts into the vac hose to lesson the suction.
Seems it was maybe built into the hose end.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have one of those slides on my DustRight handle. 

Thanks!
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-03-2020, 09:09 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I have one of those slides on my DustRight handle. 

Thanks!

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You could also get one of these, and upgrade your functionality and user experience at the same time. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Cen-Tec-Systems...r=8-3&th=1
I do need an extension. Have you used that one? Is is softer/more flexible?
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-02-2020, 11:02 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Fred, what vacuum are you using that has variable speed?

Not Fred but one of the external router speed controllers will also control a shop vac. I just tried it, didn't run it but a couple minutes. The risk to me would be overheating the vac's motor. Vac motors rely on airflow for cooling. The motor would be running slower so not generating as much heat but there's also less cooling air flowing through it.
So this is what I picked up: A 110/220v, single phase, 3hp two-bag collector. I put a plug on it, checked the wiring in the box, and plugged it in. It roared to life. It's loud, but MAN does it move some air. I can only imagine what a 5hp unit can do after comparing this beast to my dinky 3/4hp unit.

The plan isn't to build what I usually see, which is a cyclone *between* intake hose and the blower.

What I want to do is build a bigger version of what I have now: intake hose on the blower, which pushes air/debris into the cyclone, and then the heavy stuff drops into the bags and the fine stuff out the top into the Wynn filter. I can't stand the idea of wrangling a dust filled barrel. I really like the bag system.

I'll scavenge the stand, chutes, and plumbing for the filter from my current setup to make it work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Lots of guys are happy with making a Thien Baffle for those.

Some also have purchased the JET "cone"  to do the same thing.
Good one! Just a caution: don't run that thing too much without it being connected with some dusting or block the inlet. The motor will easily overload and let the magic smoke out. You'' find (or should find) the roar quiets down once everything is in place, although it will probably still be loud.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
"Lots of guys are happy with making a Thien Baffle for those.

Some also have purchased the JET "cone" to do the same thing."

Yeah, I thought about those options but I think a larger cyclone will serve my future needs better.

Fred,

Yeah, I just ran it long enough to know that it works. Seller didn't have the ability to plug it in so he told me if I got it home and it didn't work that he'd give me my money back.
Semper fi,
Brad