Finishing a reclaimed oak table
Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while and I hope all of you are healthy and well!  

Curious as to what you guys/gals would suggest for a finish on a reclaimed oak beam table.  The client wants it to look basically unfinished but protected from water.  I'm not sure how to get this best of both worlds.  Probably no sheen and maybe some sort of oil but she wants it to look old and pretty much unfinished.  Is this a fools errand or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
Try stuff out on scraps.

WB satin will be the most color neutral but will still have a sealed look.

Wipe on oil finish (oil base poly cut 50/50 with MS) will provide a slight ambering effect. But will provide a very natural looking wood surface as long as you don't put on too many coats.

Thats about all that come to mind.
Thank You,

Shawn Craig

My Home Page
"I used to know a lot of things before I lost my mind."  Sylvia Stoner 1993

Lpbadur makes a 2K flooring finish that they claim is invisible:  LInk. .  Also, OSMO makes at least one product with a matte sheen that should be nearly invisible.  

John