Flatwork
I have been reminded why I quit doing it. I agreed to make a flag case for my wife's nephew.  In theory it's no different from a picture frame.  In theory.  I used a design where I wasn't cutting 22.5 degree miters for the bottom joints.  However, one mistake of many was oh-so-cleverly using a jointer to run rabbets while I was jointing and planing the stock at a friends shop.  I forgot that now i have gaps on the bottom where the rabbets are.  I can either add feet or plug them with contrasting wood. That was one of many frustrations on this project.   Turning is much more satisfying, especially since however it turns out is how you meant it to be....

If you are starting with a block of wood that is true, but for segmented turning you still must have dozens or hundreds of near perfect joints. I find ST much more of a challenge to get a quality product.

I started this one earlier this year but got stalled with having to go to GA to work for a few months and now in OR five days a week.

Cellulose runs through my veins!