SOLD For Sale: Simons 26", 6pt rip, Freshly Sharpened
Everybody asks me about rip saws, well, here's your chance to snag a very worthy Simonds #62 (Simonds stopped making saws in 1926, so this is a truly vintage 94 year old saw in great shape).

Preliminaries: I don't have paypal or any other EFT so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just fine. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full name and shipping address so I can print up mailing labels and quote shipping. Pics are in a flickr album linked below.

Ok, this is a 26", 6pt rip saw, freshly sharpened, very strong etch; plate is straight and "sings" as it was hand tensioned back in the day. Plate is in nice condition, handle has a small chip in the top horn, see the pic, but very minor; saw balanced and feels good in the hand. Cuts straight and true, I jointed, reformed the teeth, set and then sharpened it. Will make an excellent user for someone. $85 plus shipping and its yours.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 50744418098_016802d619_b.jpg]

flickr album link with pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...7459559208

Thanks for looking.

Saw is sold.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It is a beauty, Rich!

Simonds saws had the best steel in the business. It was a real loss to woodworkers everywhere when the company stopped making hand saws to focus on those new-fangled power tools.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(12-22-2020, 09:29 AM)enjuneer Wrote: It is a beauty, Rich!

Simonds saws had the best steel in the business. It was a real loss to woodworkers everywhere when the company stopped making hand saws to focus on those new-fangled power tools.

thanks Bob, it really is a nice saw, with plenty of saw plate.  Usually when i find rip saws they are much shallower.  Off to a new home!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis