Pulling stump
(01-07-2021, 06:26 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:         I have had to have multiple hot bonfires on top of stumps and it doesn't work well. Course I didn't do it the way the forestry service says to. Drill a bunch of holes in it with an augur bit soak with diesel a couple times over a few weeks then burn it.

I prepped a stump like that and it rented before I had the chance to do the fire portion.  The stump is still there but rotting out faster than it would normally. 
I may have it ground out, I don't believe the tenant would like me starting a fire in the yard
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Rented?????

What does that mean in the contest you used it???

Is that a SF thing??? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). ?
Dumber than I appear
(01-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Robert Adams Wrote:          Services are allot more expensive here in Texas. A stump from a 6" tree starts at $75. It's cheaper to just rent the machine and do it yourself here. If you have allot of stumps you can buy a small stump grinder for less than you can have someone do the work for you here. Which is typical of lots of services here as it is not a cheap place to live contrary to what people think. Cheap place if you are a business pricey for the individual once you start adding up all the fees taxes and higher costs of services.

I've heard the same thing from friends in TX.  Business friendly, not so much for the individual once you add up the costs.  And people complain about NJ . . . . grass is not always greener.  I passed on a corporate transfer to Dallas, more because of the climate, too darn hot for my tastes.  But I would appreciate a concealed carry permit, something that is a hen's tooth in NJ, HA!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-13-2021, 08:04 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Rented?????

Is that a SF thing???   (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). ?

I believe he meant "rotted"
(01-13-2021, 08:04 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Rented?????

Is that a SF thing???   (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). ?

Bob's a slum lord.
Uhoh 
Winkgrin
His property rented before he had a chance to burn it out.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-15-2021, 03:16 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Bob's a slum lord.
Uhoh 
Winkgrin
His property rented before he had a chance to burn it out.

yep
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.