Timber Framing Slicks
Happy New Year all .... thought this was interesting since I’ve never held any timber framing slicks ... some of you may find this cool as well. A gentleman showed up at my leather shop and asked if I could make some leather sheaths/scabbards for a couple of older slicks. Here’s a pic of the nine I did .... and he says there are more. My understanding is he had a fire in his shop, and most the handles burned and were lost. Apparently an Amish woodworker turned new handles.

Attached Files Image(s)

They certainly look nice and the boots (sheaths) are great. But, don't they need to be retempered, or whatever the term is?
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Thanks .... I have no idea about the re-tempering after being in a fire. Maybe depends on how hot they got.