One week apart
I have had trouble posting pictures here so it is a little late.

A couple of months ago I say a sign for a yard sale. My wife said I would be wasting my time but I chased it down in the country. As I was walking buy I spotted a larger plane and upon a closer look I saw it had a frog adjusting screw, which says to me, machined seats. Picking it up I saw it was a wards #7. As I was wondering who made the Montgomery Wards planes, I saw the price tag which was $2 and I stopped wondering and just kept my mouth shut and paid for it. 

One week later I was in western Iowa visiting my son and the wife wanted to stop at an antique store she had seen advertised in a publication. It was a really nice well kept shop and down in the basement as far back as I could go I found a couple of planes. I even had to bend way down to see them. They were priced kind of high I thought. Then I saw one back behind them. It wasn't a Stanley so they probable though it wasn't worth much. It turned out to be a Keen Kutter K 8 with a $30 price tag. Personally I think the King Kutter K series are the best bang for the buck going. The frogs interchange with the Bedrock round sides. Same plane , different casting numbers.

Needless to say both a #7 and a #8 for a total of $32, one week apart. Things like that just don't happen to me, I am still rejoicing.

Thanks for rejoicing with me

Tom
And they call ME a Bandit?
Confused   Sheesh
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
2-3 years ago,  summer was over, and I took an unplanned stop to a Flea Market around October 1.     I picked up TWO  No. 8 planes for about $20 total that day.   That day was one like none before or since !

Looking forward to your finished product!

Chris
Chris
You scored big twice!
In my neck of the woods, that would be like the discovery of gold.
Wardsmaster was made for MontyWards by Stanley.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-05-2021, 03:08 PM)Admiral Wrote: Wardsmaster was made for MontyWards by Stanley.

I kind of though so. It has the Stanley look to it. Thanks.

Tom
That is a huge score congrats. I hope to have a day like that some day. I did score a Stanley #5 1/4 for $20.