Rockwell 14in. Band saw
What would cause my saw to throw the upper wheel rubber using a 1/8 in. blade. It never did this before using the same blade. Thanks Stan
Confused
(01-06-2021, 01:42 PM)bgosh Wrote: What would cause my saw to throw the upper wheel rubber using a 1/8 in. blade. It never did this before using the same blade. Thanks Stan
Confused

Is it an unglued black rubber tire?  If so, they lose elasticity over time and squirm/come off, especially if you leave the blade tensioned all the time.  If so, glue it on or replace it.  I replaced mine.  

John
This is what I installed a couple months ago:

Roll over image to zoom in
2 Pack Urethane Band Saw Tires - FIts 14 inch x 1 inch x .095 - No Adhesive Needed - Compatible with Branded Bandsaws Including Jet Grizzly, & Powermatic
Brand: IMPRESA
4.7 out of 5 stars 719 ratings | 11 answered questions
#1 Best Seller in Band Saw Accessories
Price: $24.99 & FREE Returns
Get 5% back ($1.24 in rewards) on the amount charged to your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.
Material Rubber
Brand IMPRESA
Color Orange
About this item
LONG LIFE: These Band Saw Tires are superior to factory tires, or replacement rubber or plastic tires. The value 2 pack provides excellent value and quality.
WON'T DRY OUT: Urethane doesn't dry out when compared to plastic or rubber tires. This increases their efficiency and life expectancy.
NO ADHESIVE NEEDED: Easy to install & remove with no need for adhesive. The tires stretch to fit the wheel tightly.
WIDE RANGE OF COMPATIBILITY: Fits Jet JWBS-14DXPRO, JWBS-14CS, JWBS14OS, Grizzly G0457 G0555 G0555P G0555X G0580 T21005 G1019 G1019Z, & Powermatic PWBS-14, PWBS-14CS. Any Band Saw that requires a 14" x 1" x 0.095" tire.
INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY & EFFICIENCY: There's reduced down time with these durable & reliable 2 pack of band saw tires.
Specifications for this item
Brand Name IMPRESA
Color Orange
Ean 0850008283468
Material Rubber
Size 14 inch x 1 inch x .095
Specification Met
UNSPSC Code 27111500
UPC 850008283468

I haven't used it a lot, but they seem fine. Not glued, throw in hot water before applying. Old ones were rubber not glued and had to have been at least 30 years old. They started coming off so no other choice.
Thank You Gentlemen. Stan
Smile