Rehab, from a Mutt Block Plane to...
Maybe something of use? 

Might take a while....we have the tools to do this...
Winkgrin

6" wire wheel...and a cloth buffing wheel..

Sanding center...disc came in a bit handy..

For getting into cramped areas...and for the smaller spots...
Cool

Yep, I have a flex shaft Dremel, as well  
Rolleyes

tear the plane down into "parts"  knob has flaky black paint,  wheel will get a good clean up, refresh that red paint..

That paint job on the cap?   has to go..far away....
Stay tuned for part 2
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Part 2....old paint and rusty spots were removed....used all the wire wheels...got new paint cans ready..

Turned out, I didn't need that can of black....
Winkgrin

Primer coat...had thought about repainting that knob....didn't turn out very well....sanded the knob clean, and added just a coat of dark stain...decided to leave the gray colour as is.

Yeah, just not working out....as for the sole.

Sanding disc did most of the work....sole NOW passes the 2-finger Test....as for the iron?

Honed to 2K grit, and then stropped.....almost time to re-assemble?

The 2 arms that support the iron...needed leveled, and cleaned up....that wide bed down at the mouth needed smoothed out..both so the iron will sit stable..no rocking allowed..

Well, well...look at you....no longer a Mutt?   Shavings?
Confused

Methinks this will work out.....what took the longest...was waiting on the paint to fully dry....

Looks about like a Millers Falls V-line No. 707......just needs that decal on the cap....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Looks a heck of a lot better than it did in the before pic.
Wider bedding for the iron, at the mouth, than I've seen on many "higher-grade" block planes.