1st Rust Hunt of the year, for me..
tried a test drive...hmmmm. iron wasn't moving even after turning the wheel over 1/4" of depth....was cutting....ah...chipbreaker was doing all the moving...take things apart, re-hone the edge, replace the chipbreaker, and tighten the bolt.....seems hand tight was getting it.
No ..fixed that...
Cool     

Tried it out on some clear Pine scrap....compared it to another plane that was about the same age (110+ years)

A Stanley No. 4, Type 10.....then, back to the Ohio Tool Co. made for Keen Kutter plane..
Winkgrin

Problems?...
Rolleyes

Had to switch to a second scrap of pine....was too hard to stop making shavings...

Might be a "Keeper"
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice.  You could start a youtube channel on acquiring and rehabbing old tools.
Wait about a week.....won a Stanley No. 45, Type 3 over the weekend ($38 + S&H+ Ohio Sales Tax
Upset )  Then ordered a depth stop....depth stop will get here before the plane does....

Once things are cleaned up and shiny ( body is Japanned, BTW) intend to set it up as a dedicated dado plane....May look into a few cutters for it, down the road....

Will post a few pictures for the before and after.....

My Type 20 has a full basic/standard set of cutters I can use.....

Stay tuned...

(drat..means I have to build a box for this new plane....and print a label, too...)
Ok...plane is a Type 4, Stanley No. 45..
Winkgrin

Patent date on the main skate?
MAR 11  94.....1894, that is.....
Winkgrin

I figure I can leave it set up as a dado plane....and maybe grooves as needed,,,,as long as the spurs are down..

Will finish getting it all cleaned up, and set up.....and get some better pictures later.  

Spent Friday evening until Tuesday afternoon as a "guest" of OSU Wexner  Brain & Spine Hospital over in Columbus, OH.....getting a leak fixed in the brain.   Taking things a bit slow, right now.
Cool
I don't know anything about brain leaks, but it is good to see you posting again.  Take it easy.
Heal up Bandit. The year is young and there's more rust hunting to do!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Still moving a bit slow.   Letting the new meds do their thing.   "Better Living through Improved Chemistry" right?

Anyway...a few pictures of the cleaned up plane?
Confused  

Bolts and wingnuts are indeed solid brass...
Cool

Did not find much, if any Japanning, though?

Have added one depth stop ( another is on the way) and tried out a 3/4" cutter.     One of the spurs was too badly worn down....have replaced it, and sharpened both spurs back up. 

Next up?   Build a box/case to store this plane in.   Maybe even a Stanley label for the box?  

Will start a Build-along post about that.....right now, the lumber supply is still getting used to the shop's weather....

With a little help from a few clamps, of course.  
As for that $20  Stanley No. 5,T-19 from the downtown Antique Mall?

All cleaned up...

And about ready to  go to work...
Cool

Seems I have twins.....latest is not cambered, like the other...

So.....instead of changing irons ( straight vs cambered)  I simply just change planes, and leave both set up and ready to go to work...
Cool

Right now?    Need to clean off the bench....have sawdust to make...may try out the newest miter saw..

Simpsons-SEARS  Kromedge,  26" x 4" sold in Toronto, Canada.  Almost like brand new.     Have a mitre box in need of a sharp saw....while the dull ones are off getting sharpened up.   

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin