How do I connect PVC to my blower on my DC?
Question 
My blower's intake is 6" OD.  Location requires a 45* elbow connect directly to the blower.

The elbow I have has a female coupling on both ends.  It's much larger than the intake.  Close to 7" ID.  Should I get a 45* that has a coupler on one end but bare on the other?  If so, are those available?  I saw nothing like that at Lowe's, where I bought the pieces I have on hand.

Once that is decided, how to I best connect the PVC to the steel intake?
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-12-2021, 08:16 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My blower's intake is 6" OD.  Location requires a 45* elbow connect directly to the blower.

The elbow I have has a female coupling on both ends.  It's much larger than the intake.  Close to 7" ID.  Should I get a 45* that has a coupler on one end but bare on the other?  If so, are those available?  I saw nothing like that at Lowe's, where I bought the pieces I have on hand.

Once that is decided, how to I best connect the PVC to the steel intake?

I used a piece of 6 inch flex hose.   The hose fits tightly inside the flared end of a 6" PVC fitting and doesn't leak.  A few 3/4" self tapping HVAC screws keep the flex hose from pulling out but probably weren't needed.

BONUS: it isolates my PVC system from the vibration of the DC.

[Image: 50830103061_ef6952ae55_c.jpg]

Mike
Fernco couplers work well for this. Lowes or Home Depot will have various sizes.

[Image: 018578000162.jpg?size=pdhi]
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
What you guys said got me to searching online and I found out about "street elbows".  I think that's what I need here; I can tape the straight end to directly to the intake. 

Vibrations won't bother me; when I'm in the shop I wear ear plugs. 

Thanks a bunch!
Semper fi,
Brad

Yep, the street el is what you need, it still may be a little large for your intake. If so, cut slits in the end to allow you squeeze it down. If you have to do that, warming it up makes the squeezing part a little easier.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.