Scrap management (pic)
When I was making chairs I cut the curved back pieces out of 8/4 stock, 3 per chair.  Last batch of eight (probably 7 or 8 years ago) I put the scrap pieces in a cabinet.  Forgot they were there.  Can't imagine how many I threw on the burn pile over the years... but I guess I figured I could do something with them someday.  So simple votive candle holder thingies are born.  
Yes   

Good thinking!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
The gals are gonna eat those up!
What a great idea for all those cut offs.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Pretty ingenious. Functional scrap - I love it!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I get scraps and cutoffs from woodworkers both businesses and hobbiests and create toys for a local charity that deals specifically with court adjudicated abused children. For me it is an enjoyable use of scraps and retirement.  And the toys are made from a variety of high grade wood.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.

Cool ...........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Those are nice reminds me of what they make out of wine barrels
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Nice and clever too!
(01-24-2021, 12:01 PM)KC Wrote: When I was making chairs I cut the curved back pieces out of 8/4 stock, 3 per chair.  Last batch of eight (probably 7 or 8 years ago) I put the scrap pieces in a cabinet.  Forgot they were there.  Can't imagine how many I threw on the burn pile over the years... but I guess I figured I could do something with them someday.  So simple votive candle holder thingies are born.  
Yes   

Very nice use of scraps. They look good and are functional.

When I am working on something all the scraps go into the scrap boxes. They stay there until winter when I start using the fireplace. That's when each piece is examined and goes into the fire or into the save box. Last night I put some pieces aside for some small picture frames and a couple of ebony pens.

---
See ya later,
Bill