Drawer #2 - The Skeleton Drawer :O
[Image: UnderbenchCabinetBehindDrawer1_html_m5a0ab82.jpg]

Here is the second drawer to be filled ...

[Image: 1.jpg]

Why "Skeleton Drawer"? Well, it does not contain dark secrets, buried bodies, or other clandestine material   
Big Grin   

It is just the name I have given to the drawer design since, unlike Drawer #1, which hid a jewellery layer, this discloses all from the outset.

The drawer holds my Kiyohisa chisels: paring slicks and bench oire nomi. It is important to be able to find, and extract them easily when working at the bench. 

The paring chisels lie in the upper level ...

[Image: 2.jpg]

These slide into the cabinet and, below, are the oire nomi (3mm through 30mm) ...

[Image: 3.jpg]

There are two others at the rear, a second 30mm and a 36mm ...

[Image: 4.jpg]

This is a clearer presentation ...

[Image: 6.jpg]

The chisels lie on shaped rests. The blades lie on rare earth magnets, which prevent them moving from the rests when the drawer is opened and shut, or the top layer extended into the cabinet ...

[Image: 5.jpg]

The wood used for the rests and the slide is West Australian Sheoak ...

[Image: 7.jpg]

The rear of the drawer, the drawer back, has been cut away above the second dovetail. This is how the the top layer slides into the cabinet ...

[Image: 8.jpg]

I trust you are finding this fun as well
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Very, very nice
Looks great
Derek, it is always a pleasure to see your work.  Though few ( none ) of us will ever set foot
in your shop, I know I am not the only one who finds it a familiar sight. Always brings a smile.

But, what is up with the loose bricks on the floor behind the bench?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Mark, the loose bricks are used to weight down boards (to keep them flat) when these are placed in overnight sticking.

Nothing more profound
Smile

Actually, there have been a few visitors to my shop. Rob Lee was one.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Very clever, I would expect nothing less from you Derek.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
"I trust you are finding this fun as well
Smile " - Absolutely.

I love the space saving ideas you've added. Drawer #1 was great, but I really like the way you made 2 layers in this one to hold your chisel set, but also can see through to the ones on the bottom.

Very clever!
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."