FREE: Dewalt GWI 10" RAS - Original - beautiful - $00!! (pics!)
Last on the list of "need to move as I don't want to move it" items. A post-war vintage Dewalt GWI 10" radial arm saw. 

It's more important for me to find a home for this that knows its worth and will care for it than the $$. Seriously, I have had 10 radial arm saws and this saw is the finest example I ever found of the Dewalts. GWI was last round arm pre-war casting used between the AMF and ... whoever bought the distressed AMF/DeWalt assets (sorry, I don't recall all of the lineages but the guys on OWWM can recite it readily
Wink

It runs, the bearing are in decent shape and here's the killer... it's the 1.5HP 110v motor. (14a/7a 110/220) I'd incorrectly stated 1hp originally. Motor Plate with more details below.

I need to remove the 'stuff' that's piled on top to get to a few pictures of this one. Again, I only ask that you know what you're buying, why you're buying it, and that you plan to use it as this saw is not just a vintage piece of equipment it's also just a piece of Americana that represents an era that should be remembered with pride. This saw exudes that and is a pleasure to look at as well as use.

Pick up in Austin, TX. (Lakeway specifically)

[Image: AM-JKLVsqiEJ49aXHKbhWP3lh4VM1VbPKEWuUKsx...authuser=0]

[Image: AM-JKLUWdDiSkqSal_pBtdBACV3q7i2eJL_x_8HS...authuser=0]

Best,
Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
A good RAS with a good negative-rake saw blade is a wonderful tool in a woodworker's shop.

This sounds like a good deal on one of the good ones.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I have the 1.5 HP version of the GWI.  It's a great saw that has served me faithfully for over 25 years.  If you have room for one you can't go wrong.  Far more versatile and capable than a miter saw.  

John
(03-14-2022, 07:10 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I have the 1.5 HP version of the GWI.  It's a great saw that has served me faithfully for over 25 years.  If you have room for one you can't go wrong.  Far more versatile and capable than a miter saw.  

John

Agreed John!  Sadly, I've just too much stuff and the move being what it is (1000 miles) and likely 2 trucks already, I must pare down those things that are sometimes tools or those I simply don't use enough to justify keeping.

Best,
Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
My 1957 GWI is one of the best tools i own. Like jteneyck, mine is a 1.5 HP. And i have both the 10" and 12" blade guards. Love my GWI. Hope you find another once you get out to CA!!
earl
(03-15-2022, 12:54 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: My 1957 GWI is one of the best tools i own.  Like jteneyck, mine is a 1.5 HP.  And i have both the 10" and 12" blade guards.  Love my GWI.  Hope you find another once you get out to CA!!
earl

They made a 12" guard for the GWI?  I had no clue.  

For the price of a used one, a quality RAS like the OP's is one of the best buys someone could ever make in outfitting their shop.  Slider, schmider; a RAS will run circles around one and do so much more.  

John
You have me wondering John—will double check tomorrow night!
Earl
price reduce bump
Alright, this needs to go - $0

Catch - I cannot help you load (rotator cuff is messed up) and it must be gone by Saturday morning - 7/31 10am. If its still here next weekend, I am taking it to the curb (where scavengers in my area will pick up w/in the hour I am certain).

Michael
Michael has good stuff, I'm still rocking a 12" GP he gave me years ago.  I just picked up a MBC to keep it company.