Massive Quartersawn white oak
I am working on a huge house remodel
There is a thread down in off topic
Working on the stairs and started looking through my wood stash for suitable material 

Check out the size of this stuff
This wood will be used for stair treads
QSWO 12’ long, 8/4 by 12-14” wide

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(01-18-2023, 09:18 AM)2beast Wrote: I am working on a huge house remodel
There is a thread down in off topic
Working on the stairs and started looking through my wood stash for suitable material 

Check out the size of this stuff
This wood will be used for stair treads
QSWO 12’ long, 8/4 by 12-14” wide

You know....if there are any leftovers I could drive from Mass to IL to take it off your hands.   That's the type of guy I am   
Smile
Dumber than I appear
I have more than a few boards that are so beautiful that I can't bring myself to cut them.  I have always said I was just going to make a picture frame . . . and put them in the frame.

It looks to me like you have a whole pile of boards like that. 
(at least the top one anyway)  
Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Very gloat worthy. I am much closer than Mass if you need to get ride of any scraps.

(01-18-2023, 01:43 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: I have more than a few boards that are so beautiful that I can't bring myself to cut them.  I have always said I was just going to make a picture frame . . . and put them in the frame.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to suffer from that affliction!
Smile
Great looking "stash" Greg! I also have some squirreled away. Some of it will be used to also finish out our staircase remodel. I bought the white oak tread material at Lowe's online (who knew?) some time ago; not QS but pretty nice for the price at the time.

Can't wait to see that new staircase!

Doug
Yep. My wood stash which is on modified pallet racks, has this special section where the special boards reside.
The most special (to me) is the 6/4x18"x 12' red oak, with no (none) defects anywhere.
It's been goin to be turned into a 2 board table for years.......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It’s nice looking wood but are you going to resaw to 4/4? If not why would you want treads that thick??
Still working out the details 
Looks like probably 5/4 on the treads
Some areas around the fireplace surround may be thicker
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Rough figuring from the sawmill perspective, those boards probably had to come for a ~36" dia log, and a high grade one at that 
Cool