Dadonator XL
Bummer. (17.......)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-07-2023, 11:15 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I wouldn't hesitate to by the Dadonator.  They are made by Amana, BTW.

I have a set of the old type Dadonator which I'm (not supposed to ;-) use on my SawStop.

I have a Dado King, too.  The Dadonator does a better job.  The Dado King was sharpened by Forrest, the Dadonator by my local service.  Go figure.....

Last I knew Amana bought their higher end blades from Dimar and last I knew Amana didn't make anything themselves, at least not saw blades and braised tooling.
If I remember correctly, Dimar was made by the same company, just didn't have the Amana markup. I bought a Dimar dado set about 35 years ago and that's what I was told. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Dimar tooling.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I make finger joints all the time using the Freud SBOX8 set and it does a great job. Forrest also makes two different sets so one can cut also cut 3/16th and 5 /16th joints. With the Forrest sets I do not see why one couldn't use all 4 blades to cut wider finger joints but since I only have the Freud set I can't say for certain. 

Tom
(04-04-2024, 07:20 AM)museumguy Wrote: If I remember correctly, Dimar was made by the same company,  just didn't have the Amana markup. I bought a Dimar dado set about 35 years ago and that's what I was told. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Dimar tooling.

Nothing wrong with Dimar, I sell some Whiteside saw blades made by Dimar but they are transparent about it.  High quality and decent prices compared to other premium blades.
(04-07-2024, 03:10 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Nothing wrong with Dimar, I sell some Whiteside saw blades made by Dimar but they are transparent about it.  High quality and decent prices compared to other premium blades.

Exactly, if I needed more blades, I'd certainly look at Dimar.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(04-03-2024, 11:10 AM)thewalnutguy Wrote: The expected delivery date has now come and gone, and I finally got a reply to inquiries as to when I might expect the blades - late  April or maybe sometime in May.  Going to have to find an alternate approach so I can continue work on my project. I wonder how long it will take Infinity to refund my payment.

I decided to wait for delivery of the Infinity blades, and they arrived yesterday.  Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I checked the weight for a stack to cut 3/4 wide dado of both the Dadonator XL and the Freud. The stack of Dadonator XL blades is 30 ounces  less than the stack of Freud blades. Supposedly this reduced weight will eliminate chance of damage to the SawStop saw if the saw senses  possible contact with operator's body parts. I'm disappointed, however, that it appears that the blades will leave scoring marks from the two outer blades of the stack. A test cut will determine if that's  going to be the case. For "normal" dado cuts that won't be a problem, but dado cuts into end grain as in finger joints it will be a problem.