More patching of workbenches
A month or so back I mentioned and showed a picture of a bench patch for one of the KCWG surfaces. Some people were a bit offended in my choice of patch shape, but the reason for the patch was an "oh s***t" moment with a router for a new woodworker. So seemed appropriate.

Well this time, while the damage was still done with a router, it wasn't a deep plunge. Instead it was a lack of attention paid to a still spinning bit on a palm router. End result was a bit of modern art gouged into an area 3" x 5". Since (another new woodworker) was lacking attention span their patch is a squirrel. Didn't have any maple at hand so made the body from oak (acorns!) and the beady little eye from walnut (walnuts!).

Again this is done by going to The Noun Project website and finding the appropriate artwork in SVG (I have a pro-account so I get automatic full use of files). A little modification and then off to the Shaper Origin. About 30 minutes later the patch is glued in and waiting for trimming flush.

Yes, there is another squiggle off to the side but I didn't want to make the squirrel 8" wide. And I punted on grain direction for the same reason. Used his tummy to cover the damaged area.

Also fixed few other less exciting mistakes. Deepest was from a Festool Domino when (again a new user) didn't check settings and plunged about 1/4" into the edge of a bench.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
i like it!  but, the last patch was my favorite.  
Big Grin
(01-30-2023, 11:57 AM)arthropod98 Wrote: i like it!  but, the last patch was my favorite.  
Big Grin

It was my favorite too!
Love it!!...........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not my kind of woodworking but I love the results!!