Lr32 euro slide spacing?
What do I need to know about using the LR32 hole spacing that is common in European cabinets?

I’m building a portable drawer system for my festool stuff, so having readily adjustable or movable height for drawer slides may be of benefit in the future as I change configuration.

What do I need to know about a jig for drilling the holes in proper spacing?

Thanks
Duke
(02-08-2023, 11:32 AM)JDuke Wrote: What do I need to know about using the LR32 hole spacing that is common in European cabinets?

I’m building a portable drawer system for my festool stuff, so having readily adjustable or movable height for drawer slides may be of benefit in the future as I change configuration.

What do I need to know about a jig for drilling the holes in proper spacing?

Thanks
Duke

Decide which slide you want to use, buy them. Read the instructions for the slides and pay attention to the setback.

Figure out where you want to locate the top slide and make a mark where the bottom of the slide should be. Cut a piece of plywood for each side that will hold them (top slides) in place at the height you need. Clamp the plywood in place, put the slide on top of the ply and hold or clamp the slide in place. then drill 5mm holes with a self-centering bit. Tapered nose, some 5mm bits have a square nose to fit into jigs.

After you've done the top slides measure down to the location of the next slides down, cut 32mm* from the plywood pieces, rinse and repeat. Use the larger holes on the slides that probably have an indentation made in them to locate the self-centering bit and will accommodate euro screws.

*Use any height you want and cut the plywood spacers to put the slide heights where you want them.
First row is typically 37mm back of the front edge. 

The back row will be dependent of which slide you choose like Bill said. There is some standardization, but some have specific patterns and won’t be compatible with others.  

The systainer heights have changed recently , so you may get caught out with not enough height or more space  than wanted if you mix and match the t-loc systainers with the new sys3 ones. You’ll notice on the Festool drawers/slides they dont start at 37mm from the front either.

Attached Files Image(s)

Duke,

If you're looking to move drawer slides as opposed to shelves, look at Quicktray Rollout Shelf supports at Rockler. They'll let you have adjustable pull out drawers or trays. I used them in a kitchens torage cabinet and they worked perfectly.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(02-10-2023, 03:46 PM)cpolubin Wrote: Duke,

If you're looking to move drawer slides as opposed to shelves, look at Quicktray Rollout Shelf supports at Rockler. They'll let you have adjustable pull out drawers or trays. I used them in a kitchens torage cabinet and they worked perfectly.

Cliff

Looks like an interesting solution, I like the adjustment, and if I hadn’t already cut several pieces for the cabinets I might go that direction
(02-10-2023, 08:55 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: First row is typically 37mm back of the front edge. 

The back row will be dependent of which slide you choose like Bill said. There is some standardization, but some have specific patterns and won’t be compatible with others.  

The systainer heights have changed recently , so you may get caught out with not enough height or more space  than wanted if you mix and match the t-loc systainers with the new sys3 ones.  You’ll notice on the Festool drawers/slides they dont start at 37mm from the front either.

I’m not using the festool drawers, so I should be good there.

I have the slides, just figured there must be more standardization than it seems there is. 
I was sure I had to be missing something, but it looks like one of these things where there is enough standard to make it a little easier, but not enough to make a jig that’s easy to index for all the holes in several different size slides.
(02-10-2023, 03:46 PM)cpolubin Wrote: Duke,

Cliff

Problem with those (besides cost) is that they take up cabinet width.  

Fine if you’re using them in framed cabinets , but not ideal or a good choice for frameless and portable cabinets where lighter weight would be a benefit.