Anyone have a 1 1/4' x 1 1/4" x 8-10'' piece of cherry laying around?
Hi folks,

The backgammon board is progressing along nicely, except for a few hiccups.  As you might be able to see in the background, I'm gluing on some "extensions" in order to make it a little taller so that it will accommodate the playing chips.  

See that tray in the foreground with the dowel in it?  That'll hold the chips and it'll get flocked.  That cherry dowel will be sliced to make the cherry chips and I have a maple dowel that'll get sliced to make the maple chips.

I've been scrounging through the scrap bin and that cherry dowel is the only bit of cherry that I was able to turn down to make the cherry chips.  I could glue up some thinner stick and turn that, but I'd rather have the chips be whole.  I haven't done the math yet, but I need 15 cherry chips and with the thickness of the saw blade I'm worried that I won't have enough cherry, thus my ask.

Got a piece of scrap laying around?  maybe 8-10" long that's 1 1/4" square or larger?  If so, let me know what you want for it.  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Took about 30 seconds to find this...probably more out there. $12 and free delivery.

link
(02-27-2023, 09:49 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Took about 30 seconds to find this...probably more out there. $12 and free delivery.

link

True,

But I'd rather buy from a fellow WNer.  Or maybe donate the proceeds in the WN's name to a local charity?
Dumber than I appear
(02-27-2023, 10:00 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: True,

But I'd rather buy from a fellow WNer.  Or maybe donate the proceeds in the WN's name to a local charity?

I've got a piece of clear 6/4 that's about 10" wide and 12" long left over from a dining table last year. I can give you a 1.5" square that length or I can mill it. Either way I'll help.
(02-27-2023, 10:10 AM)FS7 Wrote: I've got a piece of clear 6/4 that's about 10" wide and 12" long left over from a dining table last year. I can give you a 1.5" square that length or I can mill it. Either way I'll help.

Thanks!! I'll take it as it is.

How much do you want for it??

I'll PM you my address.
Dumber than I appear