Cherry trestle table base
This was my first "for profit" commission.  I probably should have charged $1k more than I did, but I didn't lose money on it and I'm happy enough. 

I'm learning. 

4x4 foot pieces.  4x3.5 posts. All draw bore M&T and pegged half lap joinery.  It was a joy and a terror to build as it was my first trestle design from scratch. 

Over all dimensions are 89.5 x 49.  It's gonna support a 104 x 55 marble top.  Adjustable leveler under each foot rated at 330# each. 

I wish I had documented the build but just never set up while I did. 

The 30 x 60 table top (another project ongoing) to show scale. 

Rubio Monocoat Pure finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Nice. Massive!

I see the joints are pegged. Can it be disassembled for transport?
Very nice! It looks like you could park a truck on that.
That looks great, and certainly very solid (and heavy)! How will the marble top be attached?

What adjustable levelers did you use for the feet? I have a project coming up that could use some, and would be interested in knowing if you like the ones you used.

Tyler
(04-06-2023, 09:24 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Nice. Massive!

I see the joints are pegged. Can it be disassembled for transport?

Nope.  It was designed and built to be one piece.  The room it's going into opens to the outside via a large sliding glass door. 
(04-06-2023, 10:38 AM)FS7 Wrote: Very nice! It looks like you could park a truck on that.

That was the point!
(04-06-2023, 11:18 AM)OneStaple Wrote: That looks great, and certainly very solid (and heavy)! How will the marble top be attached?

What adjustable levelers did you use for the feet? I have a project coming up that could use some, and would be interested in knowing if you like the ones you used.

Tyler

Adjustable Leveling Feet Furniture Levelers Table Feet Heavy Duty Leg Levelers for Cabinets Sofa Tables Chairs,Support 1320LBs, T-Nut Kit 3/8”-16 Thread, Large Base- 4 Pack, Black https://a.co/d/6FwwaFC

They're easy to install and adjust.  I bought two packs to get the six pieces I needed.
Semper fi,
Brad

Looks good buddy.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Good job. I guess stretchers w/wedged through tenons wouldn't have worked? Just thinking....saw the stretcher way down low.
(04-10-2023, 08:56 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Good job.  I guess stretchers w/wedged through tenons wouldn't have worked?  Just thinking....saw the stretcher way down low.

They would have, and would have been the way I would have gone...had I known what I know now while designing it.  

Big Grin

The angled braces were the last pieces I glued in.  They were added because the leg assemblies racked when pushing on the ends.  I couldn't add M&T stretchers at that point without cutting all the other stretchers out.  This would have required a huge amount a fresh lumber to accomplish. 

So I'll redraw this with four horizontal stretchers across the posts and offer it in the future.
Semper fi,
Brad

Oh, Tyler, the customer's stone guy will mount it by running a bead of caulk around the perimeter and just dropping the top in place.

Apparently that's the only thing needed with such a large, heavy top.
Semper fi,
Brad

A bead of caulk doesn't surprise me. That's what's done for things like countertops. And the holding power is decently impressive. I'd just never want to be responsible for having to move that monstrosity once it's together!

If you can, post pictures once the top is on.

Tyler