Another table design question
How would you build this to prevent racking?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

I assume you mean racking end to end – which, IMO, is a valid concern with this design.  I few things come to mind (and not to offend) but I think the issue is inherent in the design – mainly the “flat” cross support beam and the fact it is located at the bottom of the trestle legs.

My thought would be to either re-orient the beam vertically (if left at the bottom) or move it to the middle support on the trestle legs (if keep flat). Traditionally the cross beam is vertical and for good reason. The vertical orientation provides a larger surface contact with the legs which results in more resistance to a moment force (i.e., a rotational force).

If you were inclined to re-orient the x-beam vertically – I would probably move it up to the middle of the trestle legs for aesthetic reasons.

Just my $0.02

I was thinking the same thing, while making the center cross pieces wider top to bottom to allow for a wide stretcher.
Semper fi,
Brad

If you take a piece of plywood and drill 2 or 4 holes the size of dowel pins in it.  if you do 4 holes all 4 holes must be in the same piece of wood. It looks like your legs will take at least 3/4 size dowel pins. One inch holes are better. Drill the holes in the legs and then flip it over And them put the wood jig on the underside of the top.  Use the same drill and drill into the top. be careful not to drill through.  Put a chamfer on the pins and and put half of the pin in the table and then set the table on the dowels.  If it only needs 2 pins are needed, I looked at you picture again, then any width of board will work. You are only making a one time use drill jig.  I would drill the holes in the jig on the drill press if possible so the pins go as straight as possible. 

I wouldn't glue in the pins just in case one get ruined when moving the table. The table top will just lift off.

Tom