Minimax MM16 Bandsaw - SOLD
SOLD!  Thanks all for the interest!!

2005 MM16, purchased new for $2500, asking $1700.

I am in Eastern NC.

3.6kW (4.8HP) single phase motor, wired 220V with 30A twist-loc connector.

I added locking casters to allow mobility.

It has been an incredible saw.  I have relied on it to help me design and make custom bedroom and dining table furniture for our home and for the kids.  

It's time for me to let it go.  I spend my time fishing and boating, island hopping at the coast.

I have a total of 5 blades of varying size that will be included.

The telescoping blade guard has some stains from humidity when the shop doors were left open.  This does not affect function.

This is a great saw.  I hope someone will take it and use it.
I have a slightly older version (I happen to be in Charlotte), and can attest it is a great saw. Great for resawing and anything else you need.
(05-08-2023, 07:02 PM)Chuck in NC Wrote: 2005 MM16, purchased new for $2500, asking $1700.

I am in Eastern NC.

3.5kW/4.7kW, wired with 30A twist-loc.

I added locking casters to allow mobility.

It has been an incredible saw.  I have relied on it to help me design and make custom bedroom and dining table furniture for our home and for the kids.  

It's time for me to let it go.  I spend my time fishing and boating, island hopping at the coast.

I have a total of 5 saws of varying size that will be included.

I can send pics if interested.

I was away on business for 3 weeks immediately after I took delivery of the saw.  One of my family members left the outside shop rollup door open on a warm spring day after weeks of cool weather.  The cast iron surfaces and painted areas were fine.  The telescoping blade guard is got some rust spots. 

This is a great saw.  I hope someone will take it and use it.
Is this single-phase 220V or something else?

Did you mean 5 blades rather than 5 saws?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-08-2023, 07:38 PM)iclark Wrote: Is this single-phase 220V or something else?

Did you mean 5 blades rather than 5 saws?

Yes and yes.

Thanks - corrected in O.P.
(05-08-2023, 07:14 PM)jcredding Wrote: I have a slightly older version (I happen to be in Charlotte), and can attest it is a great saw.  Great for resawing and anything else you need.

I bought my saw at a big woodworking show in Charlotte.
I have that exact saw (mine might be 2006), and would like to have a second one...if it was closer I'd be all over it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Wish I was closer... or had already moved to NC. 
Crazy
If I lived close by, I'd buy it just to resell it.  That is a fantastic deal for a MM16 made by Centauro.  Look up what a new one costs, probably no longer made by Centauro, and you'll see what a bargain this is.  

John
(05-10-2023, 08:31 AM)Cian Wrote: Wish I was closer... "or had already moved to NC"
Crazy

That's one of my favorite "Cian" quotes!!  
Yes 
Yes 
Yes
(05-10-2023, 11:32 AM)Chuck in NC Wrote: That's one of my favorite "Cian" quotes!!  
Yes 
Yes 
Yes

Big Grin We've bought bare property in Pittsboro.  No dwelling yet.  Figured we'd get the land first just to buy in, since the greater Triangle area has been hot for awhile now and don't think it will lessen anytime soon.  Keeping an eye on material and labor prices, but will likely be a few years still.  Really looking forward to getting down there.
Cool