Installing a Carbon Fiber Rod Into An Already Finished Instrument
I made a dulcimer guitar (Google it) last year. They have a very long and narrow neck so naturally over time the neck started to bow. I finally got it back into the shop and was able to fix the problem by dropping a carbon fiber rod into the neck. This video shows the process.

Thanks for taking me along with your repair. It looked like you used wood glue on the maple filler strip. Did you use the same on the carbon fiber beam?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(06-04-2023, 07:41 AM)KyleD Wrote: Thanks for taking me along with your repair. It looked like you used wood glue on the maple filler strip. Did you use the same on the carbon fiber beam?

No, I didn't use any glue at all on the CF rod. It fit in tight and I wanted to give the wood the ability to move around it, if it was possible and if movement was ever needed. Anyway, that was the idea. Not sure how that will work in the real world.