curly walnut carcass
Haven't posted much, with regard to saws. I have been busy installing new windows and doors in my house as well as wiring, etc. etc. All that fun stuff. So I took the time to make a carcass saw for a return customer from almost 10 years ago. Wow, how time zips by. I also have been working on that folded back project from many moons ago that just kept getting pushed aside. So now, finally, I am able to make some stainless and other steel folded backs. Still needs refining, but I am working on it. If I am lucky, I may even finish my house by the time I am 90 y/o.
Smile

[Image: 52958232274_1ff8644089_b.jpg]IMG_4595 by Ron Bontz, on Flickr" />
[Image: 52957487382_b13c4e6e96.jpg]IMG_4596 by Ron Bontz, on Flickr
[Image: 52958515495_19e3d80a57.jpg]Future Stainless back dovetail by Ron Bontz, on Flickr
This little gizmo compresses both folded and slotted backs. The fixture was originally designed for a smaller press, but it just didn't have the tonnage required to compress the stainless backs to the radius intended. Soooo had to do a little modification. Would've liked to have gotten a bigger and better one, but then I already have a lack of space. ( and budget )
Smile
"Coming soon to a theater near you". Well, maybe. Time will tell.

[Image: 52958473800_f5b59d403b_n.jpg]20230604_210846 by Ron Bontz, on Flickr
BontzSawWorks.net
Beautiful saw Ron!
Very , very , nice. Well done !
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Looks like the business is still very viable! Nice saw as usual. The handle is a work of art.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The saw is berautiful as allways, Ron, but I can't wait to see the folded Steel ones!

Take Care,
Pedder
Very nice saw.

I have alot of crotch walnut that I was going to use for bowls/platters.  Maybe I should send you and Pedder some for saw handles.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Oh man, that's gorgeous. Great work again, Ron.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Gorgeous!!

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/