4-1/2" length, 1/2" diameter upcut bit source?
Question 
I can find lots of 4" bits (too short) and lots of 5" bits (too long) but cannot find a 4-1/2" or a 4-3/4" bit.

Can anybody help?
Semper fi,
Brad

(06-09-2023, 06:03 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I can find lots of 4" bits (too short) and lots of 5" bits (too long) but cannot find a 4-1/2" or a 4-3/4" bit.

Can anybody help?

Can you explain what you are trying to do?

I am having trouble picturing what could not be done with the 5" and a depth stop.
Confused
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I want to mortise deeper with my Mortise Master but a 5" bit extends too far from my router base.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Wait. 

I just realized that I can raise the base *just* enough to make it work. 

Never mind!
Semper fi,
Brad

(06-09-2023, 10:32 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Wait. 

I just realized that I can raise the base *just* enough to make it work. 

Never mind!

Thanks for the explanation.

Would love to see what you are building.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(06-09-2023, 10:46 PM)iclark Wrote: Thanks for the explanation.

Would love to see what you are building.

I just made my first sale on my website to somebody that I've never met!   I'm kinda excited. 

I presented them the attached pic that I found online.  They love it so I'm building it in white oak. 

I just started it this week; the lumber has been milled to thickness and I start building this weekend.

I'm recording the entire build process to create my first real YouTube video, so not many pics, but I'll start a thread when it's done.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

I, for one, will definitely be looking forward to it.

Congratulations on your sale.
Yes

Looking at your project it's not at all obvious to me why you would need even a 4" bit to create the mortises.  A 1-1/2 to 2" deep mortise should be more than enough for those joints.  

Good luck with your first website sale. I agree; it sounds pretty exciting.

John
(06-10-2023, 08:54 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Looking at your project it's not at all obvious to me why you would need even a 4" bit to create the mortises.  A 1-1/2 to 2" deep mortise should be more than enough for those joints.  

Good luck with your first website sale.  I agree; it sounds pretty exciting. 

John

That's exactly why I needed the longer bit--a 4" bit barely gets me a 1" deep mortise with the jig.
Semper fi,
Brad

Amana has what you’re looking for.      
Yes