Rosin stick belt dressing
For years I've used a "rosin stick" for V-belt dressing for belts that tend to slip under load. It was a size very similar to grease gun tube lubricant, with a heavy paper wrap. Unfortunately it's managed to hide somewhere and I've not been able to find it.  So, I did a search for the product, and have not been able to find it anywhere. The rosin stick worked better than any other belt dressing I've tried, held against the belt under power briefly would normally take care of any slipping . Wondering if anyone knows of a source for this product if it's still available anywhere.
Just curious. If there is a long history of slipping, have you considered replacing pulley/belt? Seems to me you're treating the symptom and not the cause.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget
Been there, done that.
I have no idea of the brand, but my dad gave me one in the early 70s.  That thing was like magic on car air conditioners.  My first lathe was Reeves drive and just a slight touch with the stick made a huge difference.  If I can find that stick, and they still sell'm, I'll let you know.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(06-13-2023, 12:50 PM)firefighter Wrote: Just curious. If there is a long history of slipping, have you considered replacing pulley/belt? Seems to me you're treating the symptom and not the cause.

More like a quick fix, like it's a nice Sunday afternoon, the lawn needs mowing, halfway through the belt on the mower starts to slip a bit, and of course the hardware store is closed. Grab the rosin block, touch it lightly to the belt, mower now works as it should, put "new belt for mower" on shopping list for next week, and finish mowing the lawn. The rosin stick really works like magic, like no other product I've ever tried does.  Shelf life is indefinite (until it gets lost), and it "save the day" when needed.
You can buy belt dressing in spray form. Many sources for that. If you Google Rosin Stick, all you'll get is stuff sold in stores that sell marijuana. Apparently, that kind of rosin is concentrated from marijuana.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(06-14-2023, 06:34 AM)AHill Wrote: You can buy belt dressing in spray form.  Many sources for that.  If you Google Rosin Stick, all you'll get is stuff sold in stores that sell marijuana.  Apparently, that kind of rosin is concentrated from marijuana.

I've tried the spray stuff, doesn't work nearly as well as the rosin stick.
I can't directly answer, but I can offer advice to replace your belts with link belts. They drive all my tools and there is never any slipping.
I'm not trying to be a smarty, but how about a music store? My kids play violin and use it on them. They give it to me when it is beyond use for them. I don't think it's expensive, even for a music store.
(06-16-2023, 09:49 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I'm not trying to be a smarty, but how about a music store?  My kids play violin and use it on them.  They give it to me when it is beyond use for them.  I don't think it's expensive, even for a music store.

I'd thought of that, but there are two issues that pretty much rule it out. The bow rosin blocks are quite small, and a spinning V belt will gobble up a goodly amount of rosin in a hurry, and I don't want to have my fingers that close to a spinning belt.
(06-17-2023, 08:06 AM)thewalnutguy Wrote: I'd thought of that, but there are two issues that pretty much rule it out. The bow rosin blocks are quite small, and a spinning V belt will gobble up a goodly amount of rosin in a hurry, and I don't want to have my fingers that close to a spinning belt.

Go on Amazon and enter "bulk pine rosin".  They sell bulk 1lb bags of rosin that are multiple chunks of the rosin.  It melts at a pretty low temp.  Just get a couple of pounds of the bulk stuff, put it into a pan you don't need, then melt it in a bath of warm water (not boiling water).  Then pour it into a mold sized to your fancy.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill