Woodworking YouTubers?
Stumby and woodwhisper are hand tool content makers?!!! That's news to me, based the very very few of their videos I came across in the past.

Simon
To me, some of the better content is by women. Maybe because there are fewer of them on YouTube or just more experienced. For handtools, there is "Daisy Tempest", a British luthier. For power tools, there is DIY Montreal, a fully powertool only with about 3 or 4 years in the hobby, but her methods and her original approach, speak of many more years than that. There are a few more than I mentioned, but these are two that came to mind quickly.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
IMHO - I have been here since the early days and am too saddened by the lessening participation, but this forum format just absolutely sucks. For example, woodworking is a very visual hobby and picture sharing is absolutely horrid here. I come back every once in awhile because the people and personalities are more endearing and genuine here plus I have a positive history with many Wners, but I admittedly hang out more on Fb wwing forums nowadays. My 2 pence.
If you want a forum wherein it’s easy to post pictures and talk WWing, y’all should visit https://craftisian.com/
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(07-09-2023, 05:42 PM)Cian Wrote: IMHO - I have been here since the early days and am too saddened by the lessening participation, but this forum format just absolutely sucks. For example, woodworking is a very visual hobby and picture sharing is absolutely horrid here. I come back every once in awhile because the people and personalities are more endearing and genuine here plus I have a positive history with many Wners, but I admittedly hang out more on Fb wwing forums nowadays. My 2 pence.

Woodworking forums as well as blogs are "dying" (that is, compared to the old days), partly because they have had a good run already and many participants have gone older and older. If you think the Woodnet forum is bad, try the Woodcentral Forum, which is rolling out a new trial format in parallel to its current one. I could never understand how to navigate there.

Maybe it's summer. Other forums I visit also have much less activity.

I think reddit, which I don't check out, has a lot of diyers who share their posts.

Simon
This is currently one of my favorite YouTube woodworking creators, Morgan Hurst. He offers plans for all of his projects.

Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(07-07-2023, 07:17 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Stumby and woodwhisper are hand tool content makers?!!! That's news to me, based the very very few of their videos I came across in the past.

Simon

OP only asked about woodworking YouTubers in general - not hand tool woodworking.  This isn't even the Hand Tools Forum.

Hard to believe you've only come across a few of their videos.  They are both quite prolific.

BTW, I don't know if you misspelled their names on purpose or not.  It's Stumpy Nubs and The Wood Whisperer.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-09-2023, 05:42 PM)Cian Wrote: IMHO - I have been here since the early days and am too saddened by the lessening participation, but this forum format just absolutely sucks. For example, woodworking is a very visual hobby and picture sharing is absolutely horrid here. I come back every once in awhile because the people and personalities are more endearing and genuine here plus I have a positive history with many Wners, but I admittedly hang out more on Fb wwing forums nowadays. My 2 pence.
You're the reason I bought a ridgid jobsite saw... that was 4 table saws ago...:-)
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(07-16-2023, 10:55 PM)Scott W Wrote: You're the reason I bought a ridgid jobsite saw... that was 4 table saws ago...:-)

Laugh
Laugh
Cool
(07-16-2023, 10:55 PM)Scott W Wrote: You're the reason I bought a ridgid jobsite saw... that was 4 table saws ago...:-)

I'm still on that saw. I am cheap but have been meaning to buy a "good" saw for about 12 years now. It's my first and only table saw. In fact I'm not sure I've "replaced" any single tool in my shop, come to think of it.

It reminds me of the most recent Lincoln St. Woodworks video where he does a "build off" with his old-school neighbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBeDdRMf8So

That guy has an extremely basic shop.