How do I square one end of this blank?
Question 
~5-3/4 x 5-3/4 x 34 inches

I need one end cut square for making band saw turned legs. 

Tools available:

PM 66 with Incra fence and Incra miter guage
Unisaw with Incra Miter 5000 sled (no fence)
12" jointer
16" planer
12 Bosch SCMS
10" circular saw

Help?
Semper fi,
Brad

Joint one edge, then use sled or miter gauge.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Mill the length square, then score a line on all 4 faces, and bandsaw it. Unless you are terrible at bandsawing (which if youre making bandsaw legs, you must not be) it will be fine.

Or if you have hand sawing skill, just crosscut it off by hand. 

What am I missing? 
Confused

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(06-16-2023, 09:14 AM)packerguy® Wrote: Mill the length square, then score a line on all 4 faces, and bandsaw it. Unless you are terrible at bandsawing (which if youre making bandsaw legs, you must not be) it will be fine.

Or if you have hand sawing skill, just crosscut it off by hand. 

What am I missing? 
Confused

The fact that he didn't list a bandsaw in his arsenal.  

John
If you start with four square stock, I would cut it off on one of your table saws with a sled or miter gage, as already mentioned, rotating it to make the cuts.  You can't cut it off in one pass, but by rotating it you can.  

John
(06-16-2023, 09:27 AM)jteneyck Wrote: The fact that he didn't list a bandsaw in his arsenal.  

John

"making band saw turned legs"

Well I assumed he has one, just didnt think to use it. 
Sarcasm

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I do have a bandsaw.  But I didn't even think to consider it.   It's a Delta 14".  Can it cut a good, square end on a blank?  I've never tried it. 

I thought about rolling the blank 90* after each pass across the table saw, lining up the kerf on the blade but wanted other thoughts first.
Semper fi,
Brad

I have no idea what "band saw turned legs" are.

My first thought is that you are making legs that are larger in diameter at points along the height of the leg than they are at the top (where you want them square).

If that is the case, then a rip hand saw might be your best bet.

If you do it on a BS, the best solution that I have seen is to use one or more hand screw clamps (tips rubbing on the BS table) to stabilize the blank and make sure that it does not catch and spin.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Put it on the DeWalt 16" ras and cut it...

Ed
(06-16-2023, 11:38 PM)EdL Wrote: Put it on the DeWalt 16" ras and cut it...

Ed

How did I miss that on his tools list? That would work.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.