Contour Gauge
Any recommendations? The one that I have isn't very useful. The fingers are rather large and don't give a very good profile.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I've got one of the bunches of wires in a frame profile gauges, and like it.  Look at the General Tools #837 (here) or the Lee Valley #44K1402 (here) for examples of what I mean, although mine is a Coastal Tools (99-cent-counter) version.
Thanks Bill. I think that I like the Lee Valley version better. It has more fingers. I have a project where more fingers is better suited.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Looking at these 2, the General states it has more fingers (35 per in) than the Lee Valley (26 per in).

The Gen is 6" v. the LV at 7".

Per the pics, I also like the inscribed ruler on the General.

As a big fan of everything LV, if you get the LV, let us know how it worked.

I haven't tried either of these, but I'm about to go measure my 2 contour gauges to see how they compare.  

Thanks for letting me know about another new tool I need!!  
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin