Williams And Hussey Knives source
I am looking to have a set of custom knives ground. Does anyone have a recommendation based on both price and quality?
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(06-21-2023, 07:00 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: I am looking to have a set of custom knives ground. Does anyone have a recommendation based on both price and quality?

I used a company in VT but I can't remember who specifically.  Maybe it will come to me.  They were a substantially cheaper than getting them from W&H.

John
I've had knives made at Ballew Saw and Tools in Springfield, Missouri.
They have a website. Good people.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have tried to find the dealer in Vt to no avail. I have found the website for  Ballew Saw and Tools in Springfield, Missouri, and will be calling them.

Thanks
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(06-23-2023, 07:18 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: I have tried to find the dealer in Vt to no avail. I have found the website for  Ballew Saw and Tools in Springfield, Missouri, and will be calling them.

Thanks

Sorry it took so long.  I finally found them (him).  Here you go:  Custom Molding Knives

John
Bug 
(06-23-2023, 07:18 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: I have tried to find the dealer in Vt to no avail. I have found the website for  Ballew Saw and Tools in Springfield, Missouri, and will be calling them.

Thanks

Results?

I imagine the Ballew son is running the show now.
Doubtful Jack and Steve are still there, the 2 old geezers that I always dealt with. I haven't been to their store in numerous years.
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(06-28-2023, 02:44 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Results?

I imagine the Ballew son is running the show now.
Doubtful Jack and Steve are still there, the 2 old geezers that I always dealt with. I haven't been to their store in numerous years.

A little late to the party, I know, but the last set I had made came from MouldingKnives.com. There is also a place in St. Louis that can make custom knives, but I don't remember the name, off hand.
     If you have a custom set ground , you may wish to have the templates sent with the knives in case the company goes out of business, etc..
BontzSawWorks.net
Ballew always sent me the templates with new knives. And they stated if I sent them back for sharpening, to please include the templates.

There used to be a guy in KC that did custom knives also. At one time he made all of Woodmasters knives. Cannot remember his name at the moment.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020