A "Before & After"?
In-between the woodworking projects....I tend to use any "Downtime" to do a bit of "Upkeep"...case in point?    A $2 Garage Sale item..

Missing a few things...seems to be just a basic entry level Mitre Box...Owner said the saw is long gone ( couldn't sharpen it?)   Then have to carry this HEAVY thing to the Chevy..about 50 yards away...

Those Phillips headed bolts are connected to SQUARE nuts...

Red Tag Sale?

Took 2 work sessions in the shop...one to tear this all down...clean the rust off, free up any stuck parts...learn HOW the swing arm went back together....Paint all the bare metal BEFORE it had a chance to rust back up...

I had to remove the Red deck plates, to both clean and re-paint them, and...be able to remove the legs...

Plates and legs look a little better..

Dig around for a saw that will fit....a 4" X 24" saw did NOT...which left..

A Disston WS 5" x 28" Mitre Box saw...
So..for the "After"?

Millers Falls No 72c....

Not too bad? For $2?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Looks much better there. I have two of those miter boxes.  I got the first one ages ago but it was missing the depth stops. I found a complete one a couple of years ago.  Both could use a clean up but they work great as is.