New front door
Hung my new front door a couple days ago.  100 year old house.  Three layers of drywall over the original lathe on the front wall.  They did remove the plaster in that area.  
Laugh
Old houses are always interesting.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

C'MON KC!!!!!

YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!!

NO PITCHERS....DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!

Smile
Dumber than I appear
(07-12-2023, 08:44 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: C'MON KC!!!!!

YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!!

NO PITCHERS....DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!

Smile

As mentioned by someone else a couple days ago, pictures ain't easy here anymore. 

That’s nuthin a little white duct tape won’t fix!
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(07-12-2023, 11:56 AM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: That’s nuthin a little white duct tape won’t fix!

Laugh

Whoever trimmed out that door and the windows did a fine job.  If I can make it look almost as good I'll be happy.
If that's one of the hinges I'm seeing, you have an "interesting" problem.  

John
(07-12-2023, 04:34 PM)jteneyck Wrote: If that's one of the hinges I'm seeing, you have an "interesting" problem.  

John

Yes.  I think they'd left a reveal where they attached the extension.  That would also solve the problem of the strike plate thingy on the handle side.   I had to do some fancy trim on three other doors where they made 'creative' use of drywall that changed the wall thickness.  I thought about taking all the interior walls to the studs, but then I think I would've had a ceiling problem (done after the walls)... so I decided it was good enough.  None of oit really looks offensive to me.

That said, I had no idea they made jamb extension kits until after I hung it.  But I figure there was a reason they made the 'extension' on the interior side, so that's the way I put it back.  Frankly, I'm tickled that a full height door fit in the hole.  No such luck with the other door.
I’ve had to make doors to fit in odd sized openings. That was too much like woodworking for my tastes.
Matt

-Jack Handy

Whats disheartening sometimes is you've worked your tail off getting the door jamb plumb and square, good reveal on the door, then notice the ceiling has enough slope above the door, you door install looks like poop.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020