Hour Meter Question (power equipment)
Folks, 

I haven't been able to find a specific answer to a hopefully simple question.

If an hour meter on a lawn mower reads 396.1 and underneath the readout it says "hours 1/10", does this mean it has 396.1 hours or 3961 hours?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
(07-18-2023, 07:50 AM)MarkSLSmith Wrote: Folks, 

I haven't been able to find a specific answer to a hopefully simple question.

If an hour meter on a lawn mower reads 396.1 and underneath the readout it says "hours 1/10", does this mean it has 396.1 hours or 3961 hours?

Thanks,
Mark
396.1 hours on the mower.   If it had 4000 hours it would have been well used and you could see the wear.   Roly
I think I might have figured it out.  I checked new hour meters on sale at Amazon.  In at least one case, the 1/10 was clearly intended to designate that the meter reads in 1/10's of an hour, ie 6 minutes.

If this isn't the right answer, please chime in and let me know.

Mark
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
What Roly said, adn you are correct...it reads in 10ths. 4K hours on a mower would put it in it's grave.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.