2 hand planes, $15 for both?
Yard sale items....stopped by a place called "Junk-n-the-Box"   and found a Stanley No.5....well, I found 3 side by side...middle one was blue, right one was missing a bunch of parts..left one left with me for $5..

Turned out to be a Stanley Type 14/15...only damage found was a chipped corner on the lever cap...with 1/2 of the nickel plate worn away....still had a trace of orange paint in the clipped Corner logo ....and some orange paint on the sides of the frog..

Full tear down...clean up, sharpen up..

Clean out the mess...

No paint was involved...just a wipe down of the black japanning with some 3in1 oil..

Ready to go back to work..BTW..the iron does have that SW trademark....

Second plane, cost $10..

I have seen worst....but, this one was the same size as a Stanley No. 4-1/2c....figured I could replace the tote...and clean it up a bit..

Took a while, and it did involve paint this time..

Turned out to be a Sargent Type 3 No. 410c, sold as a Fulton at Sears...

Same same as my Stanley No. 4-1/2, Type 11 SW...

Just that the Stanley (same age?) cost me $70 more that the Sargent made plane....

Something about a book and it's cover?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice job on the planes, Bandit.

Haven't seen you around here lately...have you been building boxes without sharing with us?  I appreciated every build-along you shared.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-24-2023, 07:10 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Nice job on the planes, Bandit.

Haven't seen you around here lately...have you been building boxes without sharing with us?  I appreciated every build-along you shared.
Building  a bench top Organizer at the moment....similar to one from Paul Sellers' Masterclasses,   his had a single drawer, mine will have 2 shallow drawers...have fun!
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that