What do yall think about that Rip-it?
I installed a digital read out o my fence several years ago. After using it I would not go back to a tape measure or mounter scale.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
If I was going to spend a bunch of money on a new table saw fence, I'd give the new Harvey fence a good look.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(08-16-2023, 11:44 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: I installed a digital read out o my fence several years ago. After using it I would not go back to a tape measure or mounter scale.

I just bought a Wixey and it arrived today.  I am thinking of making a complete switch and going to metric at the same time.  Easier math
For the digital readout, how do you deal with taking the fence off the saw?
Not sure about the Wixey, but the one I have the fence is just lifts straight up and off. The read out stays on the slide and below the cast iron top. 2 pins locate the fence to the read out.

24- year cancer survivor
Lift mechanic

What brand is yours?
My digital read out is a SHAN BC50 Digital Scale. It fits my 50" Biesemeyer fence. I have had it on my Unisaw for about 12 years. The one I had on my planer stopped working so I replaced it with a Wixey, but it is not removable. I tried to do a search for the Shan, no luck.

24- year cancer survivor
JDuke,  lifting the fence off the saw was pretty important to me, that is why I went with Wixey, looked easier than the igag.  On the wixey,  the readout slides on the rail, and a magnet holds it to the fence. Just push the readout away and lift the fence, the readout does not need to be reset .
Thanks, I’ll look at the wixey
I have had a Wixey on my Sawstop for about 4 years now, and I'd never go back. So much less anxiety about having to go back to a specific measurement later in a project.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!