Bandsaw Blades
It's been a few years since I ordered bandsaw blades.  The company I ordered from no longer exist.  The majority of use is for bowl blanks and I like the 3/8" 3TPI.  My saw is 18" and requires 133" bands.
Questions:
    1.  What is Raker Hook?
    2.  Is Alternate Set sufficient?
    3.  Who do you use?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(09-02-2023, 05:26 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: It's been a few years since I ordered bandsaw blades.  The company I ordered from no longer exist.  The majority of use is for bowl blanks and I like the 3/8" 3TPI.  My saw is 18" and requires 133" bands.
Questions:
    1.  What is Raker Hook?
    2.  Is Alternate Set sufficient?
    3.  Who do you use?

I don't work with green wood like this.
Have seen recommendations for woodturner's blade at highland woodworker, which has the specs you mention.

Timberwolf has useful info on blade selection:
https://www.timberwolfblades.com/blade-tooth-styles.php
^^^^ For green wood (bowl blanks), I use the Highland Hardware Woodturner's 3/8 inch Bandsaw Blade. I have been very happy with it.

It looks like Highland Hardware is having a security certificate problem tonight. So, I will let you google it instead of posting a bad link.

I have a 14" Rikon BS with 12" re-saw.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I got an email from Highland.

They are aware of the problem with the certificate for their website and are working to get it fixed.

Bottom line is that they tried to upgrade their certificate when it was renewal time and the tech doing the update didn't read the instructions because he already knew what to do.
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.